Monday, January 16, 2006

Okay, a basketball update:
Zoe did very well Saturday -- she didn't score any baskets, but during the second quarter that she was in, she ran the plays very well and played great defense. She defended the other team's best player and shut her down. She also started to rebound like I showed her how to do.
***
In my previous basketball post, I referred to another coach's tactics in the first game. WELL, I got to see that coach in action in the game before Zoe's on Saturday. Wow. I'm going to keep this blog/post family-friendly and just call her an IDIOT, but that's being nice. She yelled at the ref, complained about the other team's players, and screamed at her kids, constantly! She did all of this from on the floor, of course, because they allow one coach on the floor. One of the guys who runs the league told me that he thought she had played college ball and was "coaching above their heads."

To which I can only say: bullcrap. She has no clue what she's doing, but she just rants and raves. Get this: in the game, she was so incessantly loud that the referee (the league commissioner) gave her a technical foul. That's right, a technical foul. In a 3rd-4th grade game. She was awful. Had I been a parent of a child in that game, I would've walked onto the court, ask that she be removed from the gym, and threatened to stop the game until she was gone. It was that bad.

TVOR

3 comments:

Bill said...

That's my boy.....standing for truth....justice....kindness....and the American way!
Not all coaches show the calm reserve you exhibited during your coaching tenure...... learned no doubt from the legacy left by your coaching father!

sam-a-lama-ding-dong said...

aaahhhh Lickin' County Ahia... not that this doesn't happen anywhere else...but certianly NOT in France! That's because all the parents are outside smokin' rather than paying attention to their kids. By the way, when I directed plays I directed with that same calm reserve. This is not only for jocks! It's also for those interested in bettering themselves and their world through the arts DAMNIT!

Bill said...

OK....isn't it about time to get something new up here on this screen?? So much to talk about... The welcome to America party for your friends at UAE, the children, the world political scene....I'll come up there to Utica and fill in for half a day so you can get caught up no your blog page!