Thursday, July 07, 2005

Howdy.
Well, I'm headed out to play Lance Armstrong this morning. Just a little 14-mile ride, though. No yellow jerseys involved. I'm trying to raise the old V02 level somewhat and build strength, not to mention losing a little weight. TVOR's tipping the scales at a hefty 206 -- hefty because a person with my body structure looks pretty silly with the gut that I've been hard at work developing. Sometimes, hitting the bike is hard, but I always enjoy it when I'm on it. Around here, you've got to watch out for the rednecks on their way to work.
I'm kicking around ideas for my first column, the subject of which will be a constitutional amendment banning flag-burning. It's easy to rag on that, so I hope it will stimulate verbalization.
In the cd player this morning will be some Foo Fighters, Kaiser Chiefs and some other assorted alternative favorites, including Blink-182. Finding workout music is a science, you know?
TVOR

No comments: